General Position Summary
Oversees fundraising activities, grant writing, public awareness, and marketing projects to ensure that The Arc moves toward its vision of inclusion for all individuals with developmental disabilities.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and oversee a fundraising program to reach the annual financial goals set by the board
- Research, develop and submit grant applications as applicable to generate revenue
- Maintain social media presence for the agency
- Maintain a working relationship with other program staff on revenue-producing activities
- Work with other program staff to ensure adequate promotion and marketing for each program
- Assist the Executive Director as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Additional Job Requirements
- Good organization skills
- Good oral and written communication skills especially related to grants and direct mail solicitation.
- Ability to participate with team-oriented staff, Board of Directors, major donors, committees, and media.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
Job is considered the lead position of the Development Department. Performs daily duties semi-independently with scheduled meeting times with the Executive Director. Decisions are based on established guidelines, policies, and procedures. Any errors in judgment may affect integrity and the financial stability of the agency.
This position has both internal and external contacts. Internal contacts consist of telephone and face-to-face interactions with staff and other professionals. External contacts are made with staff, family members, volunteers, providers, media, businesses and other professionals from the community. Confidentiality must be maintained.
Education and/or Experience
- Two years combined education and experience in nonprofit development
- Minimum two years of documented successful experience in grant writing
Ability to work in professional program office. Varied workload, frequent interruptions, multiple projects and occasional evening or weekend meetings necessary. Oversee additional projects in the Development Department.
Para aplicar, por favor click on the “Apply Online” button below.
The Arc es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades y no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, religión, sexo, nacionalidad, veterano, discapacidad, edad, orientación sexual, identidad de género o cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley.