“Do you want to work in a fun paced environment that focuses on reducing waste and selling fun stuff–all while supporting a great cause? The Arc Portland Metro is looking for a hardworking and charismatic Used Good Associate to join our team! Used Good Associates are busy, receiving and processing donations, leading volunteers and helping with the day to day operations of the thrift store. This is a part-time, weekend-only position, 10-12 hours/week, at $15.00 per hour. This is a great job for a student or someone only looking to work a few hours a week. Join our team and make a difference in your community!”
General Position Summary
Provide a positive and friendly public image of The Arc of Portland Metro to the public while assisting staff with donations, loading merchandise and processing donations at The Arc’s donation site. The Arc is able to provide appropriate tasks for individuals who have been assigned light duty from a doctor.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Accept donations of clothing and small household items from the public
- Sort and stack donations in the warehouse according to established criteria
- Assist in loading the truck/van to transport donations to the Arc store
- Processing, pricing and researching merchandise to be sold
- Ability to work between two locations (Warehouse and Store)
- Potential administrative duties when available and as needed
- Able to lift bags/boxes up to 50 lbs
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide excellent customer service
- Follow and uphold policies and guidelines
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work space
- Ability to follow directions, stay positive and remain flexible with frequent changes
- Good communication skills
- Exercise discernment and responsibility to manage/communicate limitations and safety concerns
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members as well as management staff
- Punctuality and good attendance
- Project a positive image of The Arc to the community
- Weekends Required
This position requires an individual who can work with the public and other volunteers. Volunteers will receive training, support, guidance and feedback from staff and supervisors. This is a fast pace environment that relies on communication, flexibility and positivity.
Job consists of working in a warehouse environment or from a van loading and unloading donated clothing and household items. Ability to work safely in all weather conditions. Possess a positive attitude at all times.
If you are interested, please contact Dee Wright, Used Goods Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.