Do you want to work in a fun paced environment that focuses on reducing waste and selling fun stuff–all while supporting a great cause? The Arc Portland Metro is looking for a hardworking and charismatic Used Good Specialist to join our team! The Used Good Specialist is busy receiving and processing donations, curating goods for The Arc Thrift Store Boutique, working at the store cashiering and backing up the donation attendant and supporting our volunteers. This is a part time position at $17.00 per hour. If you love reuse and pretty things, join our team and make a difference in your community!
Provide a positive and friendly public image of The Arc Portland Metro while supporting the day to day operations of The Arc’s donation center and store: receiving and processing donations to be sold in our thrift store and providing exceptional customer service. Please note that this job requires working between two different site locations.
The current work schedule for this part time position will consist of 25-30 hours Saturday –Tuesday. Some flexibility in this schedule might be permitted, but applicants who best align their availability with this schedule will receive stronger consideration.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Accept donations of clothing and small household items from the public
- Sort and stack donations in the warehouse according to established criteria
- Assist in loading the truck/van to transport donations to the Arc store
- Processing, pricing and researching merchandise to be sold
- Ability to work between two locations (Warehouse and Store)
- Potential administrative duties when available and as needed
- Able to lift bags/boxes up to 50 lbs
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide excellent customer service
- Follow and uphold policies and guidelines
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work space
- Ability to follow directions, stay positive and remain flexible with frequent changes
- Good communication skills
- Exercise discernment and responsibility to manage/communicate limitations and safety concerns
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members as well as management staff
- Punctuality and good attendance
- Project a positive image of The Arc to the community
- Weekends Required
This position requires an individual who can work with the public and other volunteers. Volunteers will receive training, support, guidance and feedback from staff and supervisors. This is a fast pace environment that relies on communication, flexibility and positivity.
Job consists of working in a warehouse environment or from a van loading and unloading donated clothing and household items. Ability to work safely in all weather conditions. Possess a positive attitude at all times.
Benefits: vacation, sick time and store discount.
Please note: The Arc is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity, equity and inclusion in its hiring practices. This job position is not limited to the responsibilities and expectations listed above.